hear it for
all the
acm - ers
tagboard


hello


hi. i'm wailing and i'm doing the blogging for our SAC group. we're doing a video project for ASIAN CIVILISATION MUSEUM and i'll be blogging the progress of our group and also taking photos of all you guys. all the members in the group are Amanda, Zhi Yi, Guan Quan, Joshua, Marcus, Keren, Maybelle, Lyn, Megan, Hui Min, Phoebe, Daniel and me. hope you guys like love the blog :)
acm-ers


Secretary: wailing
Script/acting: zhiyi(I/C), marcus, keren, maybelle, joshua, guanquan
Editing/filming: megan(I/C), amanda, joshua, lesley
Props: guanquan(I/C), huimin, phoebe
Music: joshua(I/C), lesley, daniel
Lights: lyn(I/C)
Tuesday, April 13, 2010 @ 7:11 PM
gamelan music?

This is an extra post. Normally i would post once every week,but Ms Kwok asked me to do this post about the Gamelan performance during the Arts Education Forum.
So,during the Arts Education Forum, AEF,a few schools came to sota.One of them being Macpherson primary school.The students were around primary 3 or 4.
But back to the main point,it was the first time i heard Gamelan music. I thought it would sound really old and weird,but it was actually not that bad. It was really cool that those primary school kids could play the Gamelan music,because they were quite good at it and they seemed so interested in this area at such a young age. Most of the instuments they used were ....unique?I'm not sure how to describe it but there was this teacher who told me that we were very lucky to watch the performance because normally we wouldn't get to see the instruments they used as they were usually not brought out. So i think that it makes the instruments unique since they were not very common.
I don't have much to say,but i think i kinda like Gamelan music,its quite interesting and the students played it really nicely:)

monthly archive

March 2010 April 2010 May 2010
recent entries

ACM session 4 CONFIRMED STORYLINE Lesley's Reflection of Wayang Kulit Reading - Arts... Lyn's Reflection of Wayang Kulit Readings - "Malay... Some ideas for the script. ACM session 2 First ACM session.