hear it for
all the
acm - ers
tagboard


hello


hi. i'm wailing and i'm doing the blogging for our SAC group. we're doing a video project for ASIAN CIVILISATION MUSEUM and i'll be blogging the progress of our group and also taking photos of all you guys. all the members in the group are Amanda, Zhi Yi, Guan Quan, Joshua, Marcus, Keren, Maybelle, Lyn, Megan, Hui Min, Phoebe, Daniel and me. hope you guys like love the blog :)
acm-ers


Secretary: wailing
Script/acting: zhiyi(I/C), marcus, keren, maybelle, joshua, guanquan
Editing/filming: megan(I/C), amanda, joshua, lesley
Props: guanquan(I/C), huimin, phoebe
Music: joshua(I/C), lesley, daniel
Lights: lyn(I/C)
Thursday, March 25, 2010 @ 11:36 PM
Some ideas for the script.

Hi all (:

Since I'm part of the script 'committee' (I'm part of most groups, except lighting and props), I'll be contributing to the script of our video. I'll also try to put in as many details as possible to prevent loopholes. I have included some of my ideas. Please don't hesitate to comment as harshly and frankly as you want.

A class of students watch a Wayang Kulit and discover that it's actually quite exciting when they pay attention.

Teacher/tour guide: You are about to watch a Wayang Kulit, which is a shadow puppet play which originates from Indonesia.

Students: -_-

(Traditional Wayang Kulit begins, showing from a projector screen) - are we going to include only 1 type (ie. Indonesian etc.) or all?

Music: traditional Gamelan music, including ambience sounds eg. moving of puppets

(Occasional cuts to students texting discreetly eg. "Omg this is so boring" "Yeah, tell me about it")

Another student (Zhiyi??) whispers: Pay attention!

(Students who are texting scowl)

(Zoom into Zhiyi's face, looking slightly curious)

(Very fast cuts between the Wayang Kulit and the Zhiyi's face)

(Student slowly starts looking quite interested)

(Light colours change to neon colours)

Music: 'Single Ladies' fades in

(Wayang Kulit characters dance to the Single Ladies choreography. Shadows should preferably look like Beyonce)

(Cut to Zhiyi swaying to the music looking very enthu)

(Cut to the traditional Wayang Kulit) - Music: Single ladies stops. Traditional Gamelan music resumes.

(Students who were texting see Zhiyi swaying to the music and look confused. They decide to pay attention.)

(Close up on a hand putting the phone on a table)

(Fast cuts between the traditional Wayang Kulit and the other students faces, again)

(Light colours change to neon colours again.)

Music: Other pop music starts. (TiK ToK by Ke$ha?? or maybe a Lady GaGa song)

(Cut to the whole class looking very enthusiastic and clapping to music)

(When music ends, the whole class cheers)


It's recess time, or, the field trip to the museum is over.

(Everyone is talking about how cool and awesome the Wayang Kulit is)

(Cut to the empty classroom and a handphone is left on a table)

(Close up on the handphone screen showing the previous messages)

(A new message received, saying "Still so boring?")

(Camera zooms in on those words)

(Screen suddenly goes blank)

Logistics: For the handphone, preferably we should use an iPhone, because it shows the messages as a conversation. Also, because primary school students think the iPhone is 'cool'. LOL.

Update from the music committee: Cherie has agreed to record the music for us. Yay (:

Joshua.
monthly archive

March 2010 April 2010 May 2010
recent entries

ACM session 2 First ACM session.